201 W. Penn St,
This is a time capsule of history. This elaborate building, built in 1895, was the Bedford County Jail. The jail housed the inmates and served as the sheriff's residence. It includes 11 original working wood fireplaces with new chimney. The original hardwood, pocket doors, and built in cupboard are still present. Brick construction, lime stone inserts, brick turrets, decorative porches, with copper accents. The original brick oven still remains in the basement that was used to make prison bread. It even includes most of the original steel riveted jail cells. It's a beautifully preserved piece of history.