1024 Griffith Ave,
This acclaimed Georgian Manor was built by renowned entrepreneur Roy Burlew in the late 1920's. Burlew later gained national recognition by purchasing the Kentucky Radio Corporation in 1918 & transformed it into two vast and lucrative industrial giants employing 1,000's of workers by the mid1940's. Burlew renamed the Kentucky Radio Corporation, that made light bulbs, to the Ken-Rad Corporation. Burlew sold it to the Westinghouse Electric Corporation in 1943. Later in 1945, he sold his tube manufacturing plant division to the General Electric Corporation. Both sales were unprecedented at the time. In 1928, Roy Burlew purchased a large tract of land on Griffith Avenue and had this magnificent three-story Georgian Manor built with a full basement and six car detached garage. Appointment only.