Always With a Focus On You
I moved to Chapel Hill 22 years ago for the reason so many come here: top schools and a wonderful place to raise kids. My children got the great education I expected and are now gone, but I’ve stayed to enjoy all we have to offer here.
Shortly after arriving, I became a Realtor. Other than coming here, that was the best move I’ve made. It’s been the perfect fit with my skills, experience and work ethic. Others think so, too. I was named the 2010 “Realtor of the Year” by the Greater Chapel Hill Association of Realtors and have been inducted into the RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
Prior to real estate, I spent a career in small business consulting. Helping individuals and families with their biggest financial decisions segued well into helping others buy homes, often their biggest financial commitment. Plus, being a consultant - not a salesperson - sets the tone with how I like to work with my real estate clients.
I love being part of this community. I was a leader in the schools, as co-PTA president, have been a leader in the Realtor association as Governmental Affairs Director. I am active in our Town’s governance; working to make Chapel Hill and its surrounds economically sustainable, while retaining its small town feel. I have served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Chapel Hill/Carrboro Chamber of Commerce.
There’s one other aspect of my background that you should know, because it sets the tone of how I will work for and with you. I am a 2nd degree black belt and winner of silver and gold medals in national TaeKwonDo championships in 1999-2003. Martial Arts are more than physical exercise. The tenets of courtesy, integrity, self-control, perseverance and an indomitable spirit that are foundational in TaeKwonDo are integral in how I lead my life and my business.
If you’re looking for a Realtor who has only the your best interests at heart, one who will not falter in tough situations and shows grace under pressure, you’ve found her.
Real Estate Excellence
My promise to every client is to provide exceptional service using all my skills to get clients what they want regardless of price or neighborhood or how much work it will take to get the job done. During my career, I’ve earned recognition and achieved advanced educational designations that few real estate agents have compiled:
• I’ve held many positions for the Greater Chapel Hill Association of Realtors, last serving on the board as Legislative Affairs Director.
• Licensed Broker - Advanced post-licensing education is required to achieve this highest-level professional N.C. license.
• Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) - This coveted designation is awarded by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council (REBAC), an affiliate of the National Association of Realtors. Real estate agents must meet specified educational and experience requirements to earn this distinction
• Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI) - This designation assures clients that their agent has made the commitment to provide a high level of service by securing a strong educational foundation from the National Association of Realtors. The GRI designation is given to realtors who are highly trained in an array of real estate areas, and are able to better protect and serve their clients.
• Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist (CLHMS) - The Institute for Luxury Home marketing helps real estate professionals provide high quality service to buyers and sellers of luxury homes. To earn the CLHMS designation, extensive training and experience with high-end real estate must be completed. Desiree was the first general broker realtor in the area to achieve this recognition.