831 E. Lincolnway
Valparaiso, IN 46383
George Douglas is a lifelong resident of Valparaiso and has a strong history of leadership and service. He is focused on bringing his vast development experiences and community relationships to the commercial real estate market in Northwest Indiana. At Indiana Beverage he served 15 years as a Sr. VP with a wide range of responsibilities including business development and community/governmental relations. Prior to that he was the Operations Manager for the Natural Ovens Bakery in Valparaiso and worked for the City of Valparaiso holding positions of Assistant City Planner and Economic Development Planner.
George is a graduate of Valparaiso High School and Purdue University. He married his high school sweetheart, Julie Bodensteiner. They have three children, Maddie (a graduate of Indiana University, working in Chicago), Sam (a graduate of IU, working in Chicago), and Sarah (Sophomore at IU). George and Julie are active in the Valparaiso community through volunteering and serving on several boards. George’s current community service includes:
● Valparaiso City Council - At Large (Council President)
● Valparaiso Redevelopment Commission
● PACT Board of Directors (Board President)
● Northwest Indiana Workforce Investment Board (Past Chairman)
● McMillan Family Foundation Board of Directors
● Multi Agency Academic Cooperative Board of Directors
● Pines Village Board of Directors
George is a true proprietor and partner in a downtown Valparaiso restaurant, Peddlers Pizza Pub, and is excited to offer his clients commercial real estate brokerage.