More Than 45 Years of Outstanding Agents &
From a single office that opened in 1973 in Denver, Colo., RE/MAX, LLC has grown into one of the leading global real estate franchisors, a subsidiary of RE/MAX Holdings (NYSE: RMAX) with over 120,000 agents in more than 100 countries and territories.
The global network of franchisee-owned and -operated offices are run with the world's most productive real estate sales agents. Through their efforts, they've made it possible to say that nobody in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX when measured by residential transaction sides.
Still based in Denver and led by CEO Adam Contos, its parent company, RE/MAX Holdings Inc., is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as RMAX. Dedicated to innovation and change in the real estate industry, RE/MAX launched Motto Mortgage, a ground-breaking mortgage network, in 2016 and acquired booj, a real estate technology company, in 2018.
For more than 45 years, RE/MAX agents help Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® support millions of kids each year.
Customer service – built on a foundation of drive, experience and education – is the cornerstone of RE/MAX success. The RE/MAX track record built over the past 45 years is proof that a focus on the customer's needs, backed by the ability to deliver, remains as important as ever.
In other words, great things happen when driven individuals come together and treat real estate as a profession. And that, in a nutshell, is RE/MAX.
The history of RE/MAX
RE/MAX is True to its Roots
- RE/MAX was founded in 1973, in Denver, Colo., by Dave and Gail Liniger, who still lead the network today.
- RE/MAX has held number one market share in the U.S. and Canada since at least 1999, as measured by total residential transaction sides completed by its agents.
- The RE/MAX brand is built with an agent-centric approach, designed to attract and retain the best-performing and most experienced agents.
Nobody Sells More Real Estate than RE/MAX
- RE/MAX has more than 120,000 agents in over 100 countries and territories, a greater worldwide footprint than any other real estate brand.
- RE/MAX Associates average more real estate sales experience than other real estate agents.
- RE/MAX leads the industry in professional designations, illustrating increased expertise in working with buyers and sellers.
RE/MAX is the #1 Name in Real Estate*
- RE/MAX leads the industry in brand awareness.*
- With more than 120 balloons, the RE/MAX Hot Air Balloon fleet is the largest in the world.
RE/MAX Agents Give Back to the Community
- RE/MAX agents have lived, worked and served in their local communities for decades, raising millions of dollars every year for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® and other charities.
- RE/MAX agents have been recognized for their community service through the National Association of Realtors' Good Neighbor Award program.
RE/MAX is Seen as an Industry Leader
- On average, RE/MAX agents outsell those from other national real estate franchises in comparisons of the largest real estate brokerages, most recently in the 2016 REAL Trends 500 report.
- RE/MAX leaders are frequently invited to talk about real estate issues in the news media and on national TV news programs.
- Dave Liniger is a recurrent, well- respected keynote speaker at a variety of industry events.
Source: MMR Strategy Group study of unaided brand awareness.