5 Small-Cost, Big-Impact Updates for Home Sellers
When preparing to sell your home, small updates can make a big difference to buyers. Consider these simple projects that can deliver the biggest bang for your DIY bucks.
1. Doors: Replacing a worn-out front door with a new one â€” or even just repainting it â€” can create a strong first impression.
2. Cabinets: Giving kitchen cabinets a facelift doesn’t have to break the bank. Visit your local hardware store for a DIY kit to make easy touch ups with paint or wood stains. Changing the handles and knobs may even do the trick.
3. Paint: A fresh, clean coat in a neutral color can completely transform a space. Don’t forget the trim!
4. Closets: Storage space is eye candy to many homebuyers. Declutter and show the storage possibilities. Think about organizing with shelves and containers too.
5. Fixtures: Ratchet up your home’s style by throwing down a few bucks on new plates for your electric switches, new faucets and showerheads, and new lightning accessories.
Need help coming up with more easy ways to show your home in the best light? Find a local RE/MAX agent who can help.