RE/MAX Co-Founder and Chairman Dave Liniger Predicts 2013 as the Best in YearsTue, January 15, 2013
The positive housing trend that started in 2012 is expected to continue in 2013, according to RE/MAX Co-Founder and Chairman Dave Liniger.
This positive news, along with Liniger’s other 2013 predictions, was released today in his yearly Top 10 Housing Predictions presentation.
"There's no single factor driving this market; it's been a combination of low prices, low inventory, improving consumer confidence and a huge pent-up demand,” Liniger says. “That was true throughout 2012 and will continue to be true in 2013."
Liniger's Top 10 Real Estate Predictions for 2013:
1. More homebuyers and sellers will come back to the market
2. Homes sales will rise by 6-7 percent and prices rise by 3-4 percent
3. The inventory of homes for sale will hit a bottom
4. Higher priced homes begin to sell
5. Distressed property numbers continue to fall
6. Shadow inventory continues to fall
7. The number of Short-Sale closings will rise to a peak
8. Record low mortgage rates rise slightly by year-end
9. Lending remains tight
10. Home affordability remains the best in years